Friday, July 25, 2008

Pioneer Days







We went to the Pioneer Museum in Ogden on Thursday July 24th. We wanted to see my great aunt Mildred. She was the first attendant to the Pioneer Queen. She was so excited. They had a lot of activities that you could do there. They made candy the old fashion way, you could make covered wagons, play games, make dolls, and dress up like the pioneers did back in the day. Jackie, my little sister, went to get Abbie a bonnet but she found a piece of cloth instead. Once she put it on Abbie she left it on the rest of the day. Jackie and I got to make some dolls out of fabric, it was a lot of fun. The bottom picture is the doll Jackie made for Abbie. In the museum there was old clothes, furniture, and tools. The funny thing is when we were walking through the museum I found things that my grandma Anderson had in her house up the the day she died, back in March of this year. To make it even crazier my mom said she remembers using them when she was little. Over all we had a lot of fun and can't wait to take Abbie next year when she could do more things.

1 comment:

Kristi Gardner said...

Cute! I am so glad it's almost time to move back! We miss you guys! I found lots of projects for us to do while the guys playing their many hours of halo!