Monday, August 1, 2011

The Big Rain

Early this morning about 5am, when I was getting ready for work, the rain really started to come done. A little bit after I got to work I got a phone call that I didn't want. Sheldon called and said we were flooded and had standing water in the kitchen. Before I left at 5:30am I walked through the kitchen to get my lunch and there wasn't any water. When I got home to help Sheldon and his dad were already started removing the wood floor from the kitchen. Everything was moved into our living room and it was a mess. This is the funny part of the whole thing. Abbie comes out of her room and kept saying "WHAT" when I picked her up she said something and it was hard not to laugh. She said " Mommy what did you do?" ha ha what a crack up. After I explained to her what happened she held my face and I thought she would say it's okay mommy but no she said "Mommy clean this up okay." We cleared up the kitchen and the living room so it is livable until we put the floor back together. We had the big floor fan going under the carpet to dry it and the kids kept jumping on it like a tramp. At least they were happy through the whole thing.





Before this was sitting water and it ended up coming through the door. At least I can say it could have been worse. We were lucky we caught it in time it didn't do much damage.

No comments: