Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Happy Birthday to my lil sis, Jackie!

Happy Birthday Orkut Comments


I am so happy for my little sister Jackie, for her big 21st birthday tomorrow! Let me just tell ya that we are like any other set of sisters. We have our fights like siblings do and I have tormented her while we were growing up. The difference is how much I look up to my lil sis. Jackie is quiet the book worm. She is so smart and yet she brings the true meaning of "blonde" sometimes. She has gone through so much in life and I can't believe how she does it and with a smile too.



We have gone through losing a father and step dad all with in a 5 month span and Jackie was still in high school and yet she finished with her head held high. To be honest I would have just dropped a lot of things, which I did, and had a hard time to graduate. Jackie was able to get one of the best scholarships and man did she deserve it!

The biggest part is, she has had many surgeries on almost every part of her body it seems. We would tease her that she was just falling apart. I know it had to frustrate her so much but she could laugh with us. After the first or second surgery, I lost count, on one of her hips we found out she would have to go to Colorado to have a different surgeon see her because no one here could help her as well as this surgeon could. When she had another surgery from this doctor we found out she has a disorder with how her body heals itself. Which means if something happens to her and say she hurts her arm then her body can't fully heal without the help of surgery to help things along. I don't know what the disorder is called but I have never heard of this before. With all of this going on she is attending Weber State taking classes either online or at the University. The hardest thing is now she can't do the things that many people take for granted. She won't be able to play soccer, football, hockey, ice skate, etc with friends because she might do something to herself and to us it would just seem like something little.

I have never seen any with such happiness with life even when it seems it doesn't deal the best hand to ya. She is one of my heroes that I know I couldn't live without. She has made me think of life in a totally different picture. She has made such an impact on my life and I know she has in others. I hope she has the best birthday!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Very sweet tribute to your sister!!! Your blog is darling, Jill!
Amy