Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Why

These are questions I seem to ask myself. Some more often than others. I am posting these on here to hopefully not to think about them as much and to help those don't know me very well. I do have to say Sheldon helped me through and deal with these too. I couldn't have done it without him!

1. Why do little toddlers have so much energy?
- If I could have that much energy I would always have the house SPOTLESS, not that our house is a mess. Think about it I have a toddler that loves her toys and getting into things. I guess I play with the kids more than taking time to do it. One day I will learn.

2. Why do mother's get sick when they are the ones that are supposed to take care of the family?
- I don't understand this. When I get sick whether it is a bad cold or the flu and try not to give it to anyone it still seems to travel. When I got influenza I will admit that my family, especially my husband took great care of me but still it traveled. It gets worse when kids are in the picture. Especially when your little girl just wants to be with her mother. I wish the moms wouldn't ever get sick so they would be able to take care of the family and those who do get sick.

3. Why are there parents (we can see them in the stores and hear about them on the news etc) that do more damage to their kids by beating them and abandoning them?
- This one just gets me. I understand some kids need a spanking because nothing else works but come one some people take it way too far. Smacking them in the face, calling them good for nothings, and screaming at them at the top of their lungs. That isn't going to solve anything. When ever Abbie does something she isn't supposed to and we get after her, I feel bad. I know we have to stand our ground as parents to teach them and so forth but that doesn't mean to be mean about it. It truly breaks my heart when things like this happen. I seem to think they must not truly love their kids or they wouldn't be doing this. I was told, yes they do they just grow up in a home like that and it is hard to break the cycle or they have anger problems. I can honestly say that is a bunch of bull! I had bad anger problems (you could ask anyone in my family) and grew up with some of things I mentioned but come on. I would like to say I treat my kids better and I know better especially when I became a parent. Look at these kids, I couldn't ever do that to them.

4. Why couldn't my dad still be here to see my family and play with the kids the way he got to with my other nieces and nephews?
- I know and I have accepted the fact, if my dad were still here somethings could have not been the same, like meeting Sheldon. I wouldn't want that to happen but I still think what if and why couldn't this have been. I am not bitter with my other siblings at all. I know there is another sibling that understands completely how I feel as she didn't get to have our dad that for the same things. It broke my heart when my dad wouldn't be there to walk me down the isle when I got married as he was able to do and even attend the wedding, whether it was in the temple or not, for my other sisters. Jackie and I will never be able to have that and my heart goes out to her. I know he wasn't there for two of my sisters kids when their were born but most of the kids know who he was and got to know him. Which brings me to Sheldon. I wished he could have met my dad! I always wanted the husband to get along with my dad because he meant everything to me. One thing that brought me to tears and put the realization in that my dad wouldn't be there for me when I got married was Sheldon telling me he wished he could have asked my dad for permission.

No comments: