Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The wonderful glucose test and doctor appt

I have to say when I had to do this when I was pregnant with Abbie I had to drink the most nastiest stuff on the planet! No one should ever have to drink it. I ended up having to do it again at the hospital because I was border line at the doctor's office. So when they told me at the new OB's office (long story on that) that all I had to do was eat a regular size candy bar and drink either 8oz of juice or 8oz of regular pop I was jumping for joy! Well, I went in not looking forward to the wonderful blood draw, I have horrible veins anyways, knowing if I fail this one I will have to drink that stuff I was getting nervous. I went back and they just poked my finger and YES!!! It came back at 104, and they wanted it under 140.

Little brother is doing just great. He is now 2 1/2 lbs already and growing nicely. Another good thing is what ever is going on with my heart it isn't effecting him at all. We won't worry about it unless his progress changes. I had my echocardiogram this morning so we will see what happens with that.

So far we are planning the C-section a week before the due date and on his surgery day, which is on a Tuesday. So if everything goes ok we will be having this little bundle of joy on September 15th. We are hoping we can at least make that. I am having the contraction pains (like I did with Abbie) but not too bad so we are trying to keep that date.

No comments: