Saturday, May 9, 2009

5 years ago

Garry M Dillard
1956-2004
I can't believe it has been 5 years ago since my wonderful dad passed away. He was such a wonderful friend, shoulder to cry on, listener, but most of all a father! I can't tell you how many times I wished he would still be here and to see my family and children. It was the hardest when he wasn't there for my wedding to walk me down the isle, thanks T for doing that it helped me out tons. My heart just hurts inside when I see the girls that have their fathers at such wonderful things in their lives and just to have them near. I don't know if things would be the same if he were here but I know that Sheldon has helped me with all the emotional heart aches and crashes that I have had. I think that is part of the reason why Sheldon and I have gotten along so well. He is just like my dad in many ways, which makes things hard yet nice in some things. I noticed the other day when he was with our little girl Abbie he was saying somethings that my dad used to say to me and I couldn't help but get a little teary eyed.


I love you so much dad! I can't wait to be able to feel your arms around me giving me your wonderful bear hugs once again. I remember our long talks on the phone and our nights we had just watching tv and eating chips and the special dip. One thing that will never leave my mind was your plastic container that was like a bird.

No comments: