Sunday, May 3, 2009

A hard thing and yet a good thing.

Let me just start off with tell everyone how wonderful my hubby is to me and especially our family. As you all know we have a very active little youngster Abbie and one on the way. I have been feeling really tired and drained so when I told Sheldon I was going to need more help than I usually do he was more than willing to step in and help out. I guess I was really preparing myself and him for what was going to hit our home.

Last night I had a really rough time with being sick, not your morning sickness either. I couldn't get warm, coughing so hard, a sore throat from you know where, and pains! After a while I don't know if my throat just got irritated enough or what but I then started to have a hard time breathing. Guess who was there by my side through the whole night helping me and also not getting any sleep really, Sheldon. He helped try and relax to get comfortable as much as I could, breath with the humidifier and a hot shower, and help me finally get warm. We went to the doctors so see what was the matter with me. The doctor diagnosed me with influenza, don't worry it isn't the swine flu it is type B.

The hardest thing was knowing that I wouldn't be able to see/hold my wiggle worm and to be able to snuggle with her. I will miss her huges and kisses that she gives every day and her I love you mommy. Sheldon wants to make sure, as well as I do, that she not get this due to it being harder on her with her age and such. Sheldon made plans that she would have a long slumber party over at his parents house. I told him that he could stay there too so he doesn't get this either because he is already at risk with having diabetes and all. He just wouldn't stay up there knowing I would be alone here.

The good thing about all of this is Abbie is in great hands and so am I. Plus, I was told that everything will be fine so I can just rest and get over this stuff!

2 comments:

Tyson and Emily said...

Start feeling better!!! That's got to be so tough!!!

Alyssa said...

Hope you feel better soon! That Influenza B is vicious! Good luck and feel better so you can see Abbie soon!